Coronavirus cases continued to be confirmed all around the world. By following some basic steps, you can help reduce your risk, and do your part to protect others, if your community is affected.
Here’s what you can do:
- Keep your hands clean, and keep your distance from sick people
- Unless you are already infected, face masks won’t help you
- Stock up on home supplies, medicine and resources
- Prepare your family, and communicate your plan
- With your children, keep calm and carry on — and get the flu shot
- About to go on vacation? Consider your destination and how you feel about risk
The coronavirus continues to spread in Asia, Europe and the Middle East, with more than 90 cases and six deaths confirmed in the United States.
Most important: Do not panic. While the outbreak is a serious public health concern, the majority of those who contract the coronavirus do not become seriously ill, and only a small percentage require intensive care.
By following some basic steps, you can help reduce your risk and do your part to protect others.